Customs transit is the customs procedure applicable on the customs territory of the Customs Union providing the cargo delivery under the customs supervision from the customs authority of departure to the customs authority of destination without covering of customs duties and taxes including through the territory of a state (country) which is not a member of the Customs Union.
Customs transit is applicable for delivery:
1) of the foreign goods from the customs authority at the place of arrival to customs body in the place of departure;
2) of the foreign goods from the customs authority at the place of arrival to internal customs body;
3) of the foreign goods from one internal customs body to another internal customs body;
4) of the Customs Union goods from the customs authority of the departure place to the customs authority of the arrival place through the territory of a state which is not a member of the Customs Union.
In practice the customs transit is applied in case of:
- the necessity of transportation the foreign goods from one temporary storage warehouse (TSW) to another TSW when importing the goods in case if the goods have not been delivered to the required destination place providing all the customs formalities – in this case the customs transit declaration is to be made;
- the necessity for transportation of Russian product, equipped of the foreign product previously imported under the customs procedure «processing the goods on the customs territory» from one temporary storage warehouse (TSW) to another TSW in case the re-exported commodities cannot be transported from the temporary storage warehouse of the customs authority performing release of goods while re-exporting procedure – in this case the customs transit declaration is to be made;
Customs transits are carried out both on trucks and aircrafts.
Customs transits are also widely used for the cargo removal from the sea port of arrival to the consignee’s temporary storage warehouse in case the consignee does not clear the goods for domestic consumption on the customs office of the relevant sea port of arrival (for more details see subsection "International sea export & import" section "International & regional logistics").
The delivery of goods under the customs supervision using the customs transit procedure is possible only via the carriers approved by the customs and included into the register of customs carriers. The responsibility of such carriers is proved by the security cash deposit covering the risks of non-payment of the customs duties and taxes in case of cargo loss on the route to the corresponding TSW. Namely this factor is the reason of high cost of the customs transits in comparison with the cost of cargo delivery within the Russian Federation without performing of the customs transit procedure.
LLC «FTS» successfully arranges the customs transits of the goods from the International airport «Strigino» (Nizhny Novgorod); from the airports of Moscow: Domodedovo, Sheremetyevo, Vnukovo; from the big sea port of St. Petersburg, etc both on the aircrafts and trucks depending on the point of departure.
LLC «FTS» offers the cargo insurance against all risks of damage / loss of the cargo with 100% legal protection during the customs transits transportations (for more details see section "Insurance").
- International & inter-regional logistics
- Customs transit
- Foreign trade regulation
- Door to door delivery
- Production of cardboard packaging